[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Healthcare , Category: Admin & Office ]
Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Deadline of this Job:
02 August 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
This position will be responsible for all HS4TB program and technical direction, ensuring that staffing is aligned with HS4TB vision, goals, and plans to achieve program results. With guidance and support of the Project Director, the Technical Director will coordinate the provision of technical services, harmonize efforts and maximize synergy and integration between project program areas. S/he will set a positive tone for the entire project and inspire staff to apply results-based approaches for timely delivery of services to the clients we serve including but not limited to timely producing high quality deliverables and documentation of project’s successes and lessons learned for local and international audiences.
• Actualize the project’s technical vision and strategy to respond to the needs of all HS4TB task order buy-ins from USAID field missions and headquarters.
• Provide technical leadership and oversight for the project and ensure the successful implementation of project activities and timely reporting.
• Maintain a HS4TB/USAID partnership that engenders trust and respect and build USAID’s confidence in MSH’s technical ability to get the job done.
• Work in close collaboration with the project leadership team to ensure coordinated, efficient and effective technical support for project buy-in countries.
• Promote a team approach that emphasizes high level technical performance, creative and innovate approaches, and the achievement of project objectives.
• Align human resources with project work plans and emerging SOWs from the USAID Missions, including recruitment of human resources and consultants.
• Set technical direction and lead/participate in annual work plan development, implementation, and review.
• Direct efforts to write technical concept notes and develop new buy-in proposals, and ensure project technical alignment with buy-in country and USAID technical policies and strategies in each country.
• Contribute to a knowledge management system where learning from grassroots and countries is documented and shared to influence new programming and expand the global knowledge base on health systems strengthening.
• Identify opportunities for integrated planning and implementation creating synergies between various program technical areas.
• Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in a public health, public policy or a related discipline combined with the following minimum years of direct relevant experience working in health systems in low and middle income countries:
• 15 years of direct relevant experience with Bachelor’s degree
• 12 years of relevant experience with Master’s degree
• 10 years of relevant experience with JD/ABD (all but dissertation)
• 8 years of relevant experience with PhD
• The Direct Relevant Experience must be in the management or implementation of development activities in/for low and middle-income countries (LMICs); In addition, of the years of Direct Relevant Experience, at least five years of experience while physically based in the country/region of implementation (e.g. Tanzania Deputy Chief of Party, based in Tanzania; Senior Technical Advisor for West Africa, based in Ghana) is preferred. Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience operating with technical proficiency within the global HSS community on matters related to health financing and governance in LMIC countries. Demonstrated technical expertise in at least one, and preferably both, of the following areas: health financing and health governance.
• Fluency in English oral and written communication is required. Demonstrated ability to interact professionally in one or more relevant foreign languages (e.g., French, Spanish, Portuguese) is preferred, but not required.
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Click here to apply