Position: Technical Officer
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Technical Officer, Key Population will be the Key Population (KP) program coordinator at the county level. He/She will serve as the county coordinator for prevention of Gender-Based Violence (GBV) as well as work closely with the Drop in Centres (DiCEs) coordinators.
The candidate will be required to liaise with the CASCO, county GBV officers, KP and GBV stakeholders at the county and sub-county levels in order to streamline KP and GBV programming. He/She will be responsible for coordination and delivery of the project deliverables including coordination of KP outreaches and other community activities.
- Coordination of the KP community activities to promote linkage with the various DiCEs and integrated facilities ensuring the allocated county targets are met
- Coordination of the peer education program at community level while offering mentorship and support to the outreach workers and peer educators
- Provide technical oversight and guidance on GBV programming at the county-level liaising with the technical officers supporting the treatment program
- Liaise with the DiCE coordinators, offer mentorship and technical support to the KP health service providers for effective service delivery
- Ensure Provision of quality clinical services at the outreach in accordance to the current clinical practices and approved national guidelines including screening, diagnosis and appropriate management
- Coordination of the KP structural interventions by closely working with the county and sub-county health management teams and other KP stakeholders
- Serve as the focal person for networking and collaboration with county-level KP-led organisations, governmental and non-governmental organisations (NGOs, CBOs, FBOs) involved in Key Populations programming
- Ensure HIV positive KPs identified at community-level are linked to the DiCEs and initiated on ART and subsequently followed up for better treatment outcomes
- Liaise with the project pharmacy and laboratory systems coordinators to ensure commodity security on all KP related and other commodities
- Ensure an effective referral and linkage system of KPs for various services
- In collaboration with the DiCE coordinators, ensure monthly data is compiled and appropriate reports are submitted to the government and the program management
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained at all levels
- Regularly document processes of Key Populations programming activities, highlighting best practices, challenges and lessons learned.
- A Diploma in Clinical Medicine/ Nursing / from a recognized Medical Training Institute
- Degree in social sciences, public health, community development or any other related field
- At least three years’ working experience in Key Populations in Kenya with two years’ experience in HIV prevention activities in community settings, skills in training and facilitation, monitoring and evaluation
- Familiarity with Kenya’s HIV epidemic and the status of HIV programs among Key Populations is desirable
- Valid HIV management training
- Good oral and written communication skills (English and Swahili)
- Computer literacy in the use of MS Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is desired
- Ability to work and deliver results with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player.
How to apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications, cover letter and detailed CV as one document with contact details of three referees to email@example.com clearly indicating the subject title as Technical Officer, Key population on or before Tuesday, March 9, 2021 at 5:00PM
Centre for Health Solutions-Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification