For 50 years, we’ve been using our technology and expertise to make payments safer, simpler and smarter. Innovation is at the heart of Mastercard’s 50-year history. We take an innovative, value-driven approach to the solutions we create and services we offer, making transactions faster, easier, and more convenient and secure. One of the many ways in…
Read more about this company
Technology Account Manager, Southern Africa
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldSales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
The Technology Account Management (TAM) role, focuses on external partners, is aligned with both Mastercard account management & cross-functional teams. TAM team members are responsible for all aspects of the technology and operational relationship between Customers and Mastercard. TAM team members must have a thorough understanding of the customers’ business plans, strategic priorities, operational environment, and use of Mastercard products/services.
In addition, the TAM representative liaises with other cross-functional teams such as Product and Operations/Technology as new opportunities are identified, or capabilities leveraged. Ongoing responsibilities may include defining & initiating new system or product development needs, monitoring customer service quality, and ensuring flawless project execution by respective functional areas.
- Engage Account Mangers as part of Account Planning, coordinate and integrate annual and ad hoc business planning with customer and internal partners to prioritize strategic, mutually shared objectives.
- Build solid relationships with internal cross-functional partners, ensuring customer and market needs are being communicated and being met
- Identify and deliver against customer and Mastercard corporate objectives, opportunities, and commitments.
- Lead customers through the transition from sale to implementation; clarify project scope and customer readiness to implement during project initiation and ensure internal stakeholders are clear on products/services implementation requirements with customers
- Monitor post-implementation customer service quality, providing Voice of Customer feedback to improve quality
- Provide Voice of Customer input into proposed product development initiatives, in addition to potential rule changes
- Build, grow, and manage operational and technical relationships with Customers
- Leverage market, customer, operational, technology expertise to provide key inputs into solution design of key initiatives and market level opportunities
- Act as escalation point during implementation of customer implementation projects to ensure customers’ and Mastercard’s needs are met.
- Grow and manage close strong working relationships with customer’s executive and decision-making-level contacts.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key vendors in areas such as payments processing, network infrastructure and digital technology
- Identify customer needs and communicate operational enhancements to relevant internal stakeholders
- Act as Trainer to deliver our Mastercard Academy content to customers
- Guides customers to ensure their compliance with all Mastercard technology enhancements and mandates
- Identify opportunities to optimize Mastercard and customer revenue by utilizing existing technology capabilities, services or through innovation and development of new capabilities & ecosystems
- Leverage relationships with customers and vendors to identify sales leads and share such opportunities with Account Managers and Business Development teams/Expert Sales
- Represent Mastercard at regulatory meetings in the relevant market, related to the payments space.