Job Title: Training And Development Officer
Job Location: Position based in Nairobi
St John Kenya is a charity established by St John Ambulance of Kenya Act Cap 259 for the purposes of, among other things, offering relief to the injured and sick people without discrimination through its first aid and health programs.
The organization is a leader in the provision of First Aid training throughout the country. Due to the rising demand for our quality training courses, we seek to recruit suitable personnel that will join the Training Department.
- Conduct classes to the highest standards on a day-to-day basis as per the demand; both at the Headquarters and
- Liaise with training manager to determine training needs, schedule training sessions and safety training based on projected production processes, changes, and other
- Record and maintain a Class Attendance Register during
- Ensure that all the necessary class documentation and paperwork is completed at the end of each training session as per the training department’s standard operating
- Monitor Students performance and response to
- Prepare educational material such as module summaries, videos
- Produce monthly reports based on results as per the training department
- Administer the Standard Client Feedback form at the end of each class and submit the same for policy making
- Ensure proper utilization and maintenance of training
- Assist in marketing and publicity of all St. John services, with emphasis on First Aid training, Fire Safety Training, and other Safety
- Exhibit determination and discipline in carrying out
- Prepare adequate and appropriate training material and equipment prior to anytraining session.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the
- Bachelor degree in social sciences, Education, or any other relevant
- Minimum of three years of experience in handling training and grading for certification. Knowledge and skills in Disaster Preparedness and
- Advanced skills in First aid, Fire Safety training and Health and SafetyTraining
- Good Research Skills and ability to do proposal writing and reporting
- Exhibit self-confidence and ability to clearly articulate issues with relevance and
- Team player with ability to demonstrate good leadership and inter-personal.
- Excellent communication skills with good command of English and Swahili. Knowledge of the existing National Laws and regulations on
- Familiarity with traditional and modern job training methods andtechniques
- Ability to work under tight
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements, please apply, with a cover note and CV stating salary expectation via email only quoting the job title on the email subject to; firstname.lastname@example.org to be received not later than 23rd February 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. St John is an equal opportunity employer.