- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience5 years
- Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
UNIVERSITY BURSAR AND CHIEF FINANCE OFFICER
The University Bursar and Chief Finance Officer is responsible for the Financial and Accounting service of
the University. The holder of this position reports to the Vice-Chancellor.
Qualifications and Experience:
- The Candidate should have Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Finance, Accounting, or Economics from recognised universities and
- should be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in good standing.
- Candidates for this position should have extensive professional experience in the area of finance and accounting,
- with at least five (5) years at the level of Chief Accountant at a university or equivalent position.
- In addition, he/she should have good analytical and communication skills, and be computer literate.
The candidate should also:
- Have demonstrated networking and negotiating skills
- Have ability to make challenging but rational decisions
- Be a team player with demonstrated ability to lead a team of professionals
- Have ability to lobby and influence people
- Be highly motivated and self-driven
- Be fully compliant with the provisions of Chapter Six of the constitution.
TENURE AND APPOINTMENT
- The appointment to these positions is tenable on contract for a period not exceeding five (5) years, or as maybe determined by the University Council with a possibility of renewal for a further term.
- The remuneration shall be in line with the general wage structure in the Public University system in Kenya and shall be at Job Group XVI. In addition, there shall be attractive allowances and other benefits as approved by Council from time to time.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit both the hard copies (10) and the soft copies of their application letter accompanied by a similar number of copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, a curriculum vitae (detailing academic qualifications, work and professional experience, leadership, membership to professional associations, and community service, e-mail addresses and telephone contacts) and copies of national identity cards.
Compliance with the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution requires attaching clearance certificates
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigations Department
- Clearance from a credit reference bureau
Applicants should, in addition, provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of at least three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and area of specialization.
Applications and referees’ confidential reports on the applicant’s suitability for the position should be sent to the undersigned on or before 4 th March 2022.The reference number of the application should be clearly quoted on the envelopes and in the applicant’s cover letters.
The Technical University of Kenya
P. O. Box 52428 – 00200, NAIROBI
NOTE: The Technical University of Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.