- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- Job FieldNGO/Non-Profit
Background: To support USAID/Kenya East Africa seeks to advance what self-reliance means for Kenya and the broader region.
To support USAID/KEA to align programming toward promoting self-reliance outcomes, SoCha LLC implements a two-year (optional third year) mission support program to enable USAID to pivot into this journey to self-reliance (J2SR).
The Mission Support for the Journey toSelf-Reliance Pivot (MSP) supports USAID/KEA to understand context, align programs, collect data, understand complexity, and apply learning to program adaptation.
To better understand and develop innovative solutions with public, private, for-profit, and nonprofit partners USAID/KEA released a Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) in November 2020.
This BAA is a competitive and collaborative process that guides how USAID will co-create activities in western Kenya to address water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) challenges. Local and international partners will be invited to participate in a series of workshops to be held in February 2021.
USAID requests the assistance of the Mission Support for the Journey to Self-Reliance Pivot (MSP) to work with USAID/KEA to design and execute two multi-day virtual co-creation workshops with stakeholders.
Scope of Work: The MSP program, implemented by SoCha LLC, seeks a consultant to serve as a short-term co-creation facilitator to support USAID WASH activity co-creation workshops. MSP seeks to engage a WASH Expert Facilitator to collaborate with MSP staff and USAID/KEA to design, plan, and execute two separate multi-day virtual co-creation workshops to address WASH challenges in western Kenya.
Roles and Responsibilities
To plan and execute two separate multi-day virtual co-creation workshops the WASH Expert Facilitator will collaborate with MSP staff to
- Support the USAID/KEA WASH team to develop and finalize two multi-day workshop agenda;
- Prepare detailed facilitation plans for the workshops, and continuously update facilitation plans as the workshops progress;
- Prepare workshop materials, including workshop session slides, instructions, participant worksheets;
- Consolidate workshop presentations from participants and produce overall workshop slide decks, including integration of Mentimeter or similar participation tools where appropriate;
- Prepare and host virtual workshop meeting spaces (share links with USAID);
- Facilitate the overall workshops, including question and answer sessions and group discussions, control break out rooms;
- Assist MSP and the workshop rapporteur to gather appropriate workshop outputs as required to assemble the workshop proceedings report, and
- Conduct two after-action reviews to reflect on lessons learned and advise USAID on future co-creation workshops.
Deliverables for each multi-day
- Workshop materials: slides, worksheets
- Workshop session facilitation
- Workshop after-action review
Qualifications and experience
- Experience in water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH).
- Experience designing and facilitating activity or project design workshops preferred; experience designing and facilitating donor and stakeholder workshops required.
- Experience working with USAID.
- Experience in East Africa, Kenya preferred.
- Understanding of USAID program cycle and USAID activity design processes.
- Experience working with and securing sensitive information.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, Master’s preferred.
- Five years or more of professional experience working in the development sector preferred.
- Experience designing and facilitating virtual workshops and meetings is highly preferred.
Method of Application
To lodge an application, please lodge CV via the following links below
Applications closes on the 15th January 2021
For any other queries please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested and qualified? Go to SoCha on jobs.socha.net to apply