Tata International Limited (TIL) is a global trading and distribution company with a presence in manufacturing and supply chain integration in select businesses. With a network of offices and subsidiaries in more than 39 countries across Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas, we leverage our worldwide presence and our sourcing and marketing competencies to w…
Read more about this company
Workshop Supervisor (Nairobi & Thika)
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience6 years
- LocationNairobi , Thika
- Job FieldProcurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
Reference Number: OC/2020/010 WS Supervisor
Overall Job Purpose: Provide workshop oversight and technical supervision to the workmen in Client Premise. Record job allocations and R/ jobs. The Job holder shall also be responsible for fleet management and on-site repair (break-down) coordination in a timely manner in line with the company policies.
Reports To: Workshop Manager
Reportees: Workshop Technicians
- Uptime of customer fleet.
- Deputation at different customer sites.
- Need to coordinate between workshop, parts, local market etc.
- Managing client parameters to improve CSI.
- Daily weekly and monthly workshop technical reports to line manager
- Action plan for pending vehicles ( > 10 days) in the workshop
- Technical assistance for complex diagnosis to the workshop team.
- Reduce repeat concern by direct guidance and close supervision technicians to do the job assign to them.
- Improve Team performance through effective reporting and communication.
- Technical training ( 1200 hours/Year ) for team
- Day to day workshop operations
- Maintain tools & equipment to improve work quality, hand tools audit ; instant tools replenishment ; PPE adherence in workshop
- Final Inspection of repairs before deliveries
- Achieve profitability as budgeted in the ABP FY.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Auto Engineering or related field.
- 6 years’ hands on experience in the workshop
- Fleet Management Experience.
- Computer literacy is an added advantage
- Knowledge of running a workshop.
- Fleet Management
- Client Relationship Management.
- Time Management
- Communication Skills
Method of Application
Please send an updated and detailed CV including a cover letter to info.Kenya@tatainternational.com.
Closing date for receiving applications is 14th Feb. 2021.